It's been a while since the last update (3 years, according to the dates) and even more since I last added any new content. The reasons for this are professional, mostly. I started working as an engineer over 2 years ago, and this has taken away most of my free time. This of course, as lead me to think about Kromespot's future. I have kept the domain alive because I feel like there's still some potential to it, I just have to figure out how. I have a few ideas for what I want to do with it, but it certainly has to be different from what it is now. I'm not happy with the way things are right now, this seems like a totally abandoned site, and that I don't want! Anyway, this news update is really just to say that. Kromespot isn't dead, it will be reborn someday, I just don't know when. Meanwhile, you are still free to roam around the drawings' section, mumblings, or even check out the tutorials area!
Not much new around here, unfortunately. I have a new drawing finished, almost ready to be released, but I haven't because I've been busy with something else:
Kromespot5 (name yet to be confirmed). I don't have any idea when I'll be able to launch it, as there's still much work to be done. It's going to be a silent revolution, the whole content of the site will be added to a database and I'll use more CSS and less HTML to display it. That means easier updating, more organization, and increased redesignability. More news about it later...
After over a month of indefinition about Kromespot's near future, I finally managed to find a decent, reliable and non-expensive host. It all started when I decided to find a new host in July. I was paying too much for features that I wasn't using, so I decided to go for a smaller package. I found one host providing all the features I wanted for a cheap cost, so I set up an account. Unfortunately, an error in the registration, followed by an attempt of the host to manually solve it ended up in rendering that account unusable and locking the domain kromespot.net in their servers, due to a bug in the control panel, so they told me. As such, when I came back home for 2 days in the middle of August, I jumped to a solution I knew that wasn't the best, with a host that was slow whenever I tried to contact them. Yet I went forward with it, only to realise that they were even slower than I had experienced, taking over 10 days to set up my account. That got me really pissed off, so I asked my money back two weeks, which I'm still waiting to recieve. Finally, I found ZestHost, which so far have done a great job. Less then 24 hours to set up my account and have already solved a small misconfiguration in the server.
As for this site, I'm still testing to see if everything's working or not, if you find anything wrong, please do let me know what it is, through mail or the shoutbox. Thanks!